In 2020, CIC, within Crédit Mutuel Alliance Fédérale and with all its subsidiaries, adopt a raison d'être in line with its values: Together, listen and act.
These values are reflected in the Group's RSM (Social and Mutual Responsibility) approach, which is structured around five ambitions based on:
- Member and client ambitions
- Ambition of governance
- Societal ambition
- Social ambition
- Environmental ambition
These ambitions are broken down into 15 commitments, including:
- A target of -15% of CO2 emissions from the corporate credit and investment portfolio by 2023
- Promoting green loans for individual and corporate clients, with a target of +30% impact financing by 2023
- A target of reducing its own carbon emissions by 30% by 2023
- The creation of the Crédit Mutuel Foundation financed to balance the group's carbon footprint
- Strengthened mutualist governance with more than 90% of membership rates
Structured Finance Department is fully in line with this strategy by supporting the companies and customers of the Crédit Mutuel Alliance Fédérale group in their various financing projects with an approach that integrates the requirements of sustainable development and a more responsible economy that is more resilient to current and future challenges. With the support of a dedicated ESG team, CIC is able to define ESG criteria adapted to each financing project.